We are very excited to announce that the iPads have arrived at St. Anne's. Over the next few weeks, students and teachers will be lucky enough to learn along side each other, all the ways these tablets can be used to assist students in their learning.
Last Friday, the students were surprised with a cookie making experience. Together we made and ate chocolate chip cookies in the teacher staff room. Below it Spencer's writing about the experience. There is both the written work, as well as an audio file.
Stifling hot classroom aside, it was a great first day in the grade 8 class at St. Anne's. Your student will be coming home with many papers for you to read, some of which need to be returned to school. The following is a list of all papers students have in their possession:
- Class letter ( second page signed and returned)
- Acceptable Use of Technology for ( signed and returned)
- Getting to Know You Form ( filled out and returned)
- Online Collaboration Form ( signed and returned)
- Personal Information Sheet (read, make required changes and return)
- Media Release - Pink Sheet (sign and return)
- Agenda and Science North form and money (sign and return with $)
The following forms are optional to return to school:
- Pizza Pre-Order form
- Parent Volunteer form
- Parent Council Self-Nomination form
The following papers do not have to be returned to school:
- St. Anne Newsletter
- Student Insurance Package
- School Year Calender
All students also received their class agendas today. These agendas will be used on a daily basis in the ways laid out in the Class Letter. I hope that all students enjoyed their first day back as much as I did. I am looking forward to a fabulous year!