Stifling hot classroom aside, it was a great first day in the grade 8 class at St. Anne's. Your student will be coming home with many papers for you to read, some of which need to be returned to school. The following is a list of all papers students have in their possession:
- Class letter ( second page signed and returned)
- Acceptable Use of Technology for ( signed and returned)
- Getting to Know You Form ( filled out and returned)
- Online Collaboration Form ( signed and returned)
- Personal Information Sheet (read, make required changes and return)
- Media Release - Pink Sheet (sign and return)
- Agenda and Science North form and money (sign and return with $)
The following forms are optional to return to school:
- Pizza Pre-Order form
- Parent Volunteer form
- Parent Council Self-Nomination form
The following papers do not have to be returned to school:
- St. Anne Newsletter
- Student Insurance Package
- School Year Calender
All students also received their class agendas today. These agendas will be used on a daily basis in the ways laid out in the Class Letter. I hope that all students enjoyed their first day back as much as I did. I am looking forward to a fabulous year!
Parents are asked to assist their child in setting up a google account. This can be done by going to www.gmail.com and registering for a username and password. Using this same username and password, students will have access to many amazing free webtools on the internet such as google documents, google earth, and much more. Google Docs is a amazing online word program that stores all documents, "in the clouds." This means that students can begin an assignment at school, save it, and open it on the internet at home to complete it. Students can also collaborate, in realtime, on the same document with their peers.
Parents will be in complete control of their child's account since they have a copy of their child's username and password. I will also use this email address to email rubrics and ongoing assessments of students' work. Please continue to monitor this email account throughout the school year.