I found this article terrorizing, but not surprising, the reasons being (1) that we do this on a daily basis, we're practically sightlessly murdering animals, and we practically don't know it. (2) even right now, I'm looking at my classmates eating chips that the teacher gave us, their eating it out of plastic etc, which will ultimately end up in the ocean or in a birds stomach, which will then end up in the offsprings mouth, then stomach, then killing it. (3) Another thing is the whale in the article that ate the pounds of crud, many other whales and mammals eat the same things, like said in the article. So I think this should be stopped, which it won't, but at-least cut down the amount of garbage we produce.
FYI- Can't wait until the movie WALL-E becomes reality.
1. The line that stuck with us was 'these are not uncommon incidents' because it means there are more animals out there that are dying from our waste. It makes us sick to our stomachs to think that we're the cause of their deaths. Animals have just as many emotions as a human.
2. The top 3 reasons this article should scare you is because it makes you realize how how bad this waste actually is. Its killing living animals. it should also scare you because we feel a lot of sympathy for whales, and birds, and other animals. It kills us to see an innocent animal suffering because of our doings. It should scare us because reading such an powering article makes us emotional.
~Sabrina and Lauren
1) The part where they fawnd a 10 feet sperm wale it stuck with me because i was sorry for her and thought how much pane she must have had. 2) because we are making too mach plastic. The plastic is poluting the air. And are food is dieing because they are eating the plastic.
1. The line in the article that stuck with me the most was " which leads to unnecessary suffering until death."
This stuck with me the most because I just imagined how painful it must be to a slow death. Your last moments in pain.
The top three reasons this article should scare you are number one this happens often so imagine how fast these animals could disappear. Number two the amount of plastic in these animals stomachs. Number three we cause all of this.
1-What line,from the article stuck with you the most. Explain why.
1 line from the article that stuck with me was the line that said ''The sperm whale that stranded in the Netherlands had a large part of its lower jaw missing'' because i just kept thinking about how it must hurt to eat plastic and that it can brake bones.
1-What are the top 3 reasons this article should scare you?
#1-how it is long and painful death. This scares me the most.
#2-how it can brake your bones.
#3-THAT WE ARE PUTING IT IN THE SEA......
I found this article terrorizing, but not surprising, the reasons being (1) that we do this on a daily basis, we're practically sightlessly murdering animals, and we practically don't know it. (2) even right now, I'm looking at my classmates eating chips that the teacher gave us, their eating it out of plastic etc, which will ultimately end up in the ocean or in a birds stomach, which will then end up in the offsprings mouth, then stomach, then killing it. (3) Another thing is the whale in the article that ate the pounds of crud, many other whales and mammals eat the same things, like said in the article. So I think this should be stopped, which it won't, but at-least cut down the amount of garbage we produce. (ADD-ON:) The part of the article that stayed in my head the most was when it said; "A pair of sweat pants was also found in the dead whales stomach) Uh.. Who would through away SWEAT PANTS.
FYI- Can't wait until the movie WALL-E becomes reality.
1. The line that stock with me is line 5
2. The top 3 reasons we are scared 1. that people are throwing garbage into the oceans and lakes 2. that many spieces of animals are dieing from placties 3. some day all the water fish will die sooner or later
1) I think this should be scaring people because pollution is whats destroying the planet its killing our animals and destroying the ozone layer that protects the earth from solar radiation. 2) It is killing birds. I think it would scare someone if they see a bunch of dead birds just sitting there. 3) What if you were one of the many animals who keep dieing because of plastic. Wouldn't you be scared to die.
1.The part in the article that stuck with me the most is when they said when there was 36 pounds of plastic in the whales stomach.2.the first reason this article scares me is that the animals are going extinct and that we will have not much food anymore.The second reason is that the lack of garbage in the world how will the earth look like after all this.The third reason this article scares me is that when most of the animals will die the other animals will have no food then thay will die then we will have no food then what?
A line from the article that is stuck with me is when all the fishing gear was stuck In his stomach because it unbelievable what people throw out into the ocean.
The top three reasons that the article should scare you is that all these people are throwing all thi
The thing that stuck in my head was when the article talks about the needless suffering. That stuck in my head because I think its unfair that those animals go through more pain than imaginable just so we can have our plastic.
1.This article is very disturbing because it shows how careless we are about recycling and how polluted our oceans are . For example a whale was found with 450 pounds of fishing net inside of its stomach.
450 pounds is disgusting because it is a half a ton.
2. This article is disturbing because it show how polluted are oceans are and how commen dead whales are found on are beaches.the whales die a horrible death because when they eat the plastic in the ocean it is not digestible and they usually suffer befor they die😡.
3. In addition to whales birds also die by eating plastic too! In the article it was sad because the parents were feeding their young plastic thinking it was food. This causes the baby birds to die.
✊lets stand together to try and stop this tragedy from happening ✊
In memory of many whales and birds who paid their lives so we can see this
I agree Matteus. Could you imagine having something half your body weight in your stomach. The more I learn about this topic, the more concerned I become.
Yes Brendan. We need to remember that animals feel pain the same as us and God has asked us to protect them.
Josh I really like your point about how we mindless make choices everyday that quickly compile and adversely affect the environment. Very insightful.