Write a summary that includes the important ideas and supporting details of this text.
2. Tell how roller coasters have changed over time.
3. Why do you think roller coasters keep changing? Use information from the text to support your answers.
4. What do you think is the author's most important message in this text? Tell Why.
5. Check the comprehension strategies you used to help you understand this text.
- using prior knowledge: I recalled what I know about the topic
- Questioning: I asked myself questions as I read.
- Making Connections: I was reminded of similar texts and experiences.
- Determining Importance: I used text and graphic features to decide what was important.
- Inferring: I thought about the reason why things happened.
- Visualizing: I pictured what was happening.
Explain how you used these strategies by giving examples of what you did as you read the text.